12 March 2020 – Bitcoin Suisse has been closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 virus situation over the past few weeks. In keeping with the guidelines from Swiss and Danish government authorities, we have taken several measures to avoid contributing to the spread of the infection within the company, as well as to deal with the market volatility and avoid any service disruptions.
We can confirm that we remain fully operational during our business hours, 7 days a week. Our Bitcoin Suisse Online platform is also available for clients to use 24 hours a day. If this changes, we will, of course, keep our clients and partners informed.
Internally we have taken a number of measures, technically and logistically, to deal with the emerging challenges, including and not limited to:
- We have prepared our teams to work from home.
- We have scaled up drastically on the number of employees working from home, including from end-of-today (12th of March 2020), sending 100% of our Danish team to work from home office.
- Employees who feel unwell, or who have visited large gatherings or areas particularly affected, have been instructed to stay/work from home.
- We have cancelled, until further notice, all non-essential travelling.
- We have cancelled non-essential meetings and, where possible, replaced meetings with video-conferences.
- We have cancelled, until further notice, all participation in non-essential meetings (internal as well as external) and gatherings.
- We have put in place additional hygienic measures at our various office locations.
Besides the obvious global health issues that the current pandemic has and will cause, it has also sent the financial markets as well as the crypto markets into turmoil. To address this, at Bitcoin Suisse we have taken measures, including and not limited to:
- Extended coverage of our trade desk, to more often than not, cover all 24 hours of the day, as long as volatility remains high.
- Ensured that we have reduced 3rd financial party liabilities, where possible.
- Ensured redundancy within our organization and with our counter parties/service providers, where needed.
As Bitcoin Suisse is relying very little on 3rd party partnerships in our provision of services – and essentially provide all core services in-house and has very few single points of failure, we are confident that we will be able to be fully operational and liquid, throughout the weeks ahead – until the crisis subsides.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to our Client Services team.
Protecting Our Clients and the Community
26th January, 2021
More Than USD 560m in Crypto Staked by Bitcoin Suisse Clients
15th January, 2021
Bitcoin Suisse Increases Bank Guarantee from Initially CHF 45m to CHF 80m D...
8th January, 2021
Bilanz Magazine Interview with Dr. Arthur Vayloyan
18th December, 2020
Bitcoin Suisse Records Strong Client Momentum and Increases Bank Guarantee ...
9th December, 2020
Bitcoin Suisse Vault receives ISAE 3402 Type 2 Report by PwC
30th November, 2020
- Bitcoin Suisse Will Remai...